It is said that our hair is our crowning glory and we take pride in taking good care of our hair, especially the girls. Finding a good salon is much like finding the right hair product for you. There is no other way but to do the trial and error test. That is if you don’t like a particular hair salon, then you have to look for another until you will finally find the perfect hair salon for you. But don’t despair because there are some hair salon things that you can do that will help you find the right hair salon for you.
Tips on how to find the right hair salon
* You can ask your friends, family, acquaintances and even total strangers for a referral. Word of mouth is sometimes the best referral but take note that what works for your family and friends might not work for you.
* On your first visit to a certain salon, ask for a consultation first. A consultation allows you to “feel out” a hair salon before making a commitment to a stylist that you may regret. During a consultation, you can observe the different techniques that the staff at the salon is using and how they interact with their customers. A consultation also gives you the chance to vocalize what you want and receive feedback from a professional, all before the first snip is made. Most hair salons also have a portfolio that you can look through of before and after pictures, which can give you a sense of what kind of work do.
* When checking out a salon, observe closely their sanitary procedures such as the use of clean combs and brushes, sanitary neck strips, clean work station and a general feel of cleanliness. If a salon feels and looks dirty, don’t ever come back.
* A salon is a professional place and you should feel like you have stepped into a place of luxury and relaxation. Professionals take pride in their work and it should reflect on their surroundings. The environment should be comfortable and inviting. The stylists should demonstrate upbeat, positive attitudes about their workplace.
* Communication is very vital in a salon. You should be able to communicate with your stylist and he should listen to what you have to say first before offering their professional opinion. The stylists should be able to communicate well with their customers.
* Location. You want a salon that is located conveniently close to your home or pace of work. If you have to go way out of your way to travel to your salon, it will take extra time and money to get there and you probably will not go as often as you like.
* Before actually going to the hair salon, you can call them first and ask for their services and if they offer the services that you want. If the salon has a website, you can check it out so that you will know a little about the hair salon. A good salon does not need to be expensive. You can do some comparison shopping to see if the salon is affordable for you.
* Start with the small services first like trimming your hair and when you are satisfied with the overall result, you can step up to the bigger services such as hair cut and hair color.